Practically indestructible, this wine carrying case has a 100% polycarbonate shell and dense closed-cell foam that will enable you transport all of your “…liquid poetry.”
The wine cavities are especially designed to hold a combination of bottles of almost any shape, from traditional Bordeaux and Burgundy, to Champagne and Riesling. You can accommodate a full case (12) of regular size 750ml bottles in your VinGardeValise® Grand 05 and fully packed, it weighs between 43 to 50 lbs.
In the mission to make sure that the VinGardeValise® Grand 05 is the ultimate wine suitcase, they regularly interacted with their customers and users, welcoming their feedback. In the VGV® Grande 05 they have incorporated many of the suggestions to make it even better.
Important Reminder: You are not allowed to pass wine or other liquids through security. However, at some international airports you can carry on wine or other liquids purchased in duty free shops. Always check with your airline before carrying on wine or any other liquids that exceed the 3-1-1 rule.
We observed that airline baggage handlers often rip the permanently attached strap out of the frame of the suitcase, causing irreparable damage. To counter this, we have installed a removable strap with a much stronger clasp. You can quickly install the strap by threading it through new suitcase feet. Removing is just as easy, especially when you are visiting multiple wineries in an afternoon.
To make it easier and more flexible for consumers to pack a variety of bottle shapes and sizes, we have developed separate foam strips to create a level bottom (placed around the handle channels for the pull out handle) on both sides of the suitcase, making all the bottle inserts totally interchangeable. There is also a second top for the left side of the suitcase to accommodate additional volume just in case you want to pack smaller bottles. You can remove the second top if you don’t need it. To accommodate style bottles, there is a Burgundy shaped cavity. The Bordeaux shaped cavity has removable “shoulder” pads to fit Bordeaux-shaped bottles with larger shoulders snugly.
The VGV® 05 is about 1.25 cm deeper on each side (compared to the original VGV®) to take heftier wine bottles such Syrah, Pinot, and champagne. The additional depth makes it easier to pack and close the suitcase. This also decreases stress on the suitcase frame, interior and exterior zippers and the polyester covers on either side of the suitcase.
Hard Case Shell
We have upgraded the hard case shell to 2.4 mm thick, 100% polycarbonate. Polycarbonate has about twice as much impact strength as ABS. Polycarbonate is also twice as expensive as ABS, and offers superior protection for Stevenson’s “bottled poetry.”
We have added brand new stronger zippers, zipper pullers and zipper puller extenders to the VinGardeValise® Grande to make it easier to use, from gripping the zipper to closing the suitcase.
Another upgrade we’ve made is more fabric in the polyester cover for each side of the suitcase to make the VinGardeValise® easier to pack and zip closed.
We have repositioned the interior clasps to preclude them from hitting each other when closing the suitcase.
This has been upgraded to a stronger and more pliable outside name tag.
- The VGV® Grande 05 features a 100% polycarbonate shell with closed-cell foam
- The new asymmetrical Hinomoto wheels make the VGV® easy for you to maneuver
- A lift handle, located at the bottom of the VGV®, makes it easy to load
- The telescoping handle is constructed from 8 mm aircraft grade aluminum
- Stronger burst straps have been constructed with automotive seatbelt material
- A TSA compliant lock is flush mounted and integrated into the VGV®
- The interior zippers have been repositioned to make them easier to zip
- Foam cubes are included to use as fillers, insuring a snug fit
- The standard inserts are now 35cm, accommodating bottles with a longer neck. Six inserts (3 inserts per side with 2 bottles per insert).
- You can add a custom nameplate inside the recessed space, at the top of the VGV®
- An optional nameplate branding service is available at an additional cost
Improvements since the previous Grande 04 model:
- New sleek exterior ribbed case design for enhanced protection
- Enhanced proprietary exterior shell material
- New reinforced trolley system for even greater weight assurance
- New location of TSA security lock for more convenient access
- New HomingPIN® global lost luggage tracker included with (1) year complimentary service subscription
- Proudly supported by a 10-year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty