We received the product for review and all opinions are our own. Some links are affiliate links meaning at no additional cost to you, this site may get a small commission if you make a purchase.
If you appreciate wine whether you’re a dedicated collector or just a casual imbiber who enjoys wines that are chilled and at their peak freshness, investing in a wine fridge is a necessary part of keeping your bottles cool, safe, and tasting great. We have had wine fridges in our home for the past 24 years. Our current under-counter wine fridge is 12 years old and has recently had a reoccurring problem with maintaining temperatures at the selected levels, so we have been looking for a replacement. Testing and reviewing the Ca’Lefort 24 Inch Dual Zone Wine Fridge could not have come at a more opportune time.
The Ca’Lefort Dual Zone Wine Fridge stands 33.8 inches tall, 23.8 inches wide, 23.4 inches deep, and weighs 106 lbs. The fridge is designed to slide under the counter or stand alone. Since it is the same dimensions as our older wine fridge, we will be testing and using it under the counter as well.
Key features include:
- Dual temperature zones
- Keeps a constant temperature from 40 to 65 degrees
- Spacious design holds up to 46 standard bottles (750ml)—16 bottles in the upper zone and 30 bottles in the lower zone
- Quiet compressor allows for quiet operation
- Front ventilation design allows it to be slide under counter or standalone
- Removable smooth rolling shelves minimize vibrations and provide large space
- Tempered glass door protects wine from harmful UV lights
- Reversible door
- Adjustable feet
- Natural air filtration prevents band odors and mold
- Stainless steel frame, carbonized wooden shelves, and three LED lights
- Warranty service: 1- year unit, 2-years parts, and 3-years compressor
The unit was delivered to our home and left on our front porch. We slid the unit into the house and did not observe any damage to the shipping container. After removing the straps and cardboard container, we did not notice any visible damage to the exterior of the fridge as well. The door was taped shut and all installation materials and the operating manual were found inside.
After letting the fridge sit upright for about 30 hours to reduce the possibility of a malfunction in the cooling system from handling during transportation, we were ready to install the unit. The reversible door was on the right side for us, so the only installation required was the door handle. That was accomplished by attaching it to the door frame with two screws that were provided.
We were now ready to remove our existing wine fridge and slide the Ca’Lefort Wine Fridge into the under-counter space. The unit was a tight fit and was perfect for the space. While the wine fridge was level before we slid it back, it needed a minor adjustment to the left front foot which meant we had to slide it back out, adjust the foot, and slide it back in…. PERFECT FIT AND VERY LEVEL this time!!
Overall, the construction quality is very good.
- The double layered tempered glass door opens and closes easily and seems to have a very good seal
- The adjustable feet made it easy to level
- The 5 removable carbonized wood shelves roll smoothly and accommodate different bottle sizes.
- The stainless-steel frame seems very sturdy and will add to any home décor
The Display and Control panel is located behind the doors between the two cooling zones. The controls include:
- Power ON/OFF
- Inside lighting that includes a choice of white, amber, or blue color and off
- Temperature display from Fahrenheit to Celsius. The temperature range is 40 -65 degrees Fahrenheit
- (+) Button to increase temperature
- (-) Button to decrease temperature
- Five minutes without operation of keypad controls turns off everything but the temperature display. The temperature indicator LED is fairly bright and not dimmable.
The wine fridge is designed to hold up to 46 traditional Bordeaux 750ml bottles according to the product description, 16 bottles in the upper zone and 30 bottles in the lower zone. To get 46 bottles, as the manufacturer says it will hold, you would need to put 8 bottles on each shelf and 6 bottles on the bottom. We were able to fit 36 bottles in the wine fridge, 12 on the top shelves and 24 on the bottom shelves. We even tried putting 8 and then 7 of our smallest bottles on the shelves but could never get more than 6 on a shelf. We had a similar problem with my wine suitcase after it was purchased. It was designed to hold 12 bottles, but we find nine is the average maximum to stay under the airline’s 50 lb limit. Many wine bottles today are much thicker than a standard wine bottle, so space and weight become an issue.
The performance of the wine fridge is very good. The initial cool down to 55/65 degrees was 14 minutes. However, that is slightly misleading since much of the wine that we loaded into the wine fridge was already 58/67 degrees in our old wine fridge. We ran the wine fridge for five days and measured the temperature in each zone daily. The temperature readings have been within .5 – 1 degree from the selected temperature. We also reduced the temperature by five degrees to 50/60 degrees. It only required a relatively quick 34 minutes to cool to the new temperatures. I must add, this wine fridge is extremely quiet with no audible noise when the compressor is running unless you open the door.
The Ca’Lefort 24 Inch Dual Zone Wine Fridge is affordable and will do a great job keeping your favorite wine cool, safe, and tasting fresh. If you are looking for a wine fridge that holds 36-46 bottles of wine, is free-standing or under the counter, and can add to the décor of your home, this may just be the wine fridge for you. We are very happy with our new wine fridge addition.
Texas wine lovers can save 15% by purchasing from the Ca’Lefort website by using discount code: TWL
Check out the Texas Wine Lover Amazon storefront for products we recommend!