The Sommelier Challenge: International Wine & Spirits Competition took place in San Diego on September 22-22, 2023.
Judges awarded Silver medals to wines that demonstrated above-average character for the wine type and place of origin. Gold medals were awarded to wines that delivered additional complexity and character and rose above a straightforward recommendation. Platinum awards were reserved for the very best wines of the competition, wines that exhibit profound qualities as determined by the judges.
There were two Texas wineries that were awarded medals at the competition.
- 2022 Merlot, Texas – $26.99 – Gold – 90 points
- 2021 Rosé of Grenache, California – $21.99 – Gold – 90 points
- 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon, Texas – $28.99 – Silver
- NV William, $48.00 – Gold – 92 points
- NV Bourbon Barrel Tannat, $48.00 – Silver