Just in time for Texas Wine Month in October, West Sandy Creek Winery, located on the edge of the Sam Houston National Forest in Huntsville, has announced the availability of several new wines, including the 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2021 Texas Lenoir Estate, and the 2021 Texas Lenoir Blush.
Here is a short description of each:
- 2019 Texas Cabernet Sauvignon – This wine is full-bodied in flavor and texture, rich but not too heavy, and slightly acidic with notes of blackberry, blueberry, plum, and molasses. As it ages, it will develop more flavors of stone fruits. Cabernet Sauvignon is known to pair perfectly with steak or a juicy burger but also complements portobello mushrooms, roasted or grilled lamb, and sharp cheeses.
- 2021 Texas Lenoir Estate – The winery describes it as light in body and texture with hints of cranberry, raspberry, and grapefruit in the finish. It’s dry, light, and refreshing with a good aroma and flavor profile that may appeal to white wine drinkers as well as red and pairs nicely with savory Gulf seafood and Mediterranean dishes.
- 2021 Texas Lenoir Blush – Deep crimson in color, this wine has notes of raspberry and mild citrus flavors. It’s sweet on the tongue and is the perfect complement to spicy food like barbeque, or pork cooked with a sweet rub.
“We want to enhance the experience at West Sandy Creek Winery continuously, and we look forward to adding the Texas Cabernet Sauvignon, Texas Lenoir Estate, and Texas Lenoir Blush to our current collection along with several imported wines,” Sandy McGinley, general manager of the winery. “Doing so allows us to appeal to various palates and individual preferences.”
The imported wines now available at West Sandy Creek include:
- Los Dos Cave Brut Rose
- Avissi Prosecco
- Patient Cottat Sauvignon Blanc
- Bodegas Volver La Mancha Single Vineyard Tempranillo
- Torresella Pino Grigio
- Maddalena Chardonnay Monterey
- Caparzo Toscana Sangiovese
- Reyneke VineHugger Red
All of these wines are available by the glass or bottle at the West Sandy Creek Winery tasting room, which is open Thursday from noon to 5 p.m.; Friday from noon to 7 p.m.; Saturday from noon to 7 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.
Leave a Reply