The Summer Revival Wine Co. is located in Dripping Springs and is owned by Ian and Becky Atkins. The winery also has a sister winery called Flat Brim Wines with 100% Oregon and Washington-grown grapes. Ian is the winemaker and he currently uses Slate Mill Wine Collective to make his wines.
Ian Atkins founded Flat Brim Wines in 2016 in Portland, Oregon. The Atkins expanded back to home in Dripping Springs in 2020 and founded Summer Revival Wine Co. The winery is committed to using only native yeast for fermentation and they believe the practice creates wine with a sense of place and excitement. By using their minimal intervention techniques and working with sustainable vineyards, they craft wines that are unique and enjoyable.
The tasting room is pouring both Flat Brim wines and Summer Revival wines. The Flat Brim label is for wines made in Pacific Northwest and the Summer Revival label is for wines made with 100% Texas grapes.
At the time of our visit, there was a choice between a three-wine Pinot flight and a five-wine exploration flight. We obviously opted for the five-wine flight. These were the wines that we tasted at the time of our visit:
- 2021 Flat Brim Wines Pinot Gris – Columbia Gorge, Washington – frizzante style, direct press
- 2021 Flat Brim Wines Fortune Teller (50% Pinot Noir, 50% Pinot Gris) – Washington – carbonic maceration
- 2021 Summer Revival Wine Co. Pinot Grigio – Reddy Vineyards
- 2021 Flat Brim Wines Cabernet Franc Rosé – Washington
- 2020 Flat Brim Wines Petite Sirah – Oregon
The winery is committed to Texas wines as can be seen by who they are working with and the Texas wines already released. Stop by in Dripping Springs to see what Summer Revival Wine Co. is doing today!