Located right on the courtyard square in Mason is Peters Prairie Vineyard owned by Curt and Kim Pipkin Henderson. They also own the vineyard of the same name that is located outside of Mason. The vineyard has gone through a few hands over the years and the Hendersons picked it up in 2018.
The winery just opened in April and we visited it during our recent trip to Mason. The tasting room is a beautifully remodeled store with a lot of room inside. We met co-owner Kim and she let us select where we wanted to sit so we chose a nice area in the rear corner with a couch and chairs to begin a comfortable tasting.
Kim brought us the first wine from the tasting bar to begin our tasting.
These are the wines that were available at the time of our visit:
- 2020 Pinot Grigio – Peters Prairie Vineyard, Mason County
- 2019 Barbera – Peters Prairie Vineyard, Mason County
- 2019 Tempranillo – Tallent Vineyards, Mason County
- 2019 Malbec – Peters Prairie Vineyard, Mason County
- 2019 Syrah – Peters Prairie Vineyard, Mason County
As you can see, all the wines are from their vineyard except for the Tempranillo. They currently use a custom crush facility to make their wines and they all are excellent.
Peters Prairie Vineyard is yet another excellent winery in Mason and we look forward to returning.