The first Texas Crush Report and Vineyard Production Survey is a collaborative effort between the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Department of Horticultural Sciences, Texas Artisan Vineyards Cooperative, Texas Wine & Grape Growers Association, Texas Hill Country Wineries, North Texas Wine Country, Texas Wine Growers, Gulf Coast Wine Growers Association, and Cross Timbers Grape and Wine Association. Your response is voluntary but valuable! Production data collected in this survey will be used to support marketing efforts, legislative advocacy, and research and development in support of the Texas grape and wine industry.
The survey takes approximately 10-20 minutes to complete. Individual responses will be kept confidential and not shared outside of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Viticulture & Enology Program. A public report of statewide data and data by region will be issued in October 2022.
Why participate? Since 2010, the Texas wine industry has grown from approximately 200 Winery Permits (TABC) to over 750 today. Likewise, vineyard acreage has more than doubled over that same period. Vineyards and wineries are now located in over half of the counties across the state. The information gathered in this survey may be used to:
- Assist marketing efforts to promote Texas grapes and wines
- Facilitate legislative action
- Identify common challenges for vineyards (e.g., problematic varieties) and wineries (e.g., winemaking problems)
- Determine research needs and priorities
- Identify demand for specific grape varieties
- Establish a foundation to measure growth and change in the future
If you are a winery or vineyard, start the 2022 Texas Crush Report and Vineyard Production Survey today!