April 30, 2022
After a two-year hiatus, the Rootstock Wine Festival was back!
Rootstock is an annual wine festival held in Waco that celebrates Texas wines. This year’s festival was coordinated by Kandi Bagnasco (and family) of Valley Mills Vineyards and featured a diverse gathering of Texas wineries ranging from the Red River Valley (Blue Ostrich Winery) to Fort Davis (Chateau Wright).
The festival was held on Saturday, April 30th at Indian Springs Park near downtown Waco. Tickets included access to the festival grounds, 15 wine tastings, 4 small-bite food tastings, and a Rootstock logo wine glass to take home. VIP tickets were also available that enabled one to attend a fantastic VIP dinner provided by The Olive Branch.
Guests enjoyed a beautiful spring day sipping wine under the trees while being treated to live music by the Brazos Brothers and Nash Turbeville. A great time was had by all!
The following wineries were represented:
- 3 Texans Winery – Temple
- Blue Ostrich Winery – Saint Jo
- Brennan Vineyards – Comanche
- Chateau Wright – Fort Davis
- Farmhouse Vineyards – Brownfield
- Kuhlman Cellars – Stonewall
- Llano Estacado Winery – Lubbock
- Pedernales Cellars – Stonewall
- Rancho Loma Vineyards – Fort Worth
- Red Caboose Winery – Meridian
- Rustic Spur Vineyards – Fredericksburg
- Torr Na Lochs – Burnet
- Valley Mills Vineyards – Valley Mills
- Westcave Cellars – Johnson City
- William Chris Vineyards – Hye
Food was provided by the following vendors:
- Genesis Sliders
- La Parrilla
- Le’s Kitchen
- Tony’s Tacos by Torres Meat House
Be sure to sign up for the Rootstock newsletter to stay informed of plans for next year’s wine festival. https://www.rootstockwinefest.com