Limestone Terrace Vineyard is located in Wimberley and is owned by the Stovall and Dierickx families. Friends and business partners Ben Stovall and Paul Dierickx purchased the estate property in 2016 which originally had a vineyard but was destroyed by a fire. The families replanted the seven-acre vineyard with Mourvèdre, Sangiovese, and Albariño.
We visited the winery when it first opened on a Sunday. Follow the signs carefully down the roads so you find the winery safely. As you make your way into the winery’s property, you are greeted with the vineyard, and beyond on the hill is the tasting room with multi-level terraces. Adjacent to the parking lot is the winery’s production area which was built in 2019 out of a pole barn.
Since it was still early, we were told to select a seat wherever we wanted. There are two terrace decks overlooking the vineyard and it was easy to find a seat with a great view.
Tasting are five wines of your selection, and these are the wines available at the time of our visit:
- 2021 Sparkling Albariño – estate
- 2021 Sparkling Estate Rosé
- 2020 Albariño – Narra Vineyard – Texas High Plains
- 2021 Albariño – Narra Vineyard – Texas High Plains
- 2020 Barrel Aged Roussanne – Crooked Post Vineyard – Texas High Plains
- 2021 Estate Rosé
- 2020 Dolcetto – Pepperjack Vineyard – Texas High Plains
- 2019 Sangiovese – Narra Vineyard – Texas High Plains
- 2019 Mourvèdre – One Way Vineyard – Texas High Plains
- 2019 Sagrantino – Texas High Plains
The winery holds various events so check their social media to see what is coming up next. The night before our visit they had held a crawfish boil. We cannot wait to visit Limestone Terrace Vineyard again!