The Gulf Coast Winegrowers Association (GCWA) 30th Annual Watson Field Day presented by Capital Farm Credit is scheduled for Feb. 11, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This in-person conference will be held at the Cat Spring Agricultural Society Hall located at 13035 Hall Rd, Cat Spring TX.
Fran Pontasch, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services Viticulturist – Gulf Coast, has prepared a full agenda with topics of interest to new hobbyists and commercial prospective grape growers as well as established growers and winemakers in the Gulf Coast region. A Trade Show is included and features exhibitors representing nurseries, vineyard equipment, fertilizers & pesticides, irrigation, tractors, mechanical sprayers/equipment, and other industry-related products.
These are the sessions planned:
- Starting a Vineyard – Fran Pontasch
- Planning a Spray Strategy – Dr. Justin Scheiner, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Viticulture Specialist
- Freeze Recovery in Blanc Du Bois – Fran Pontasch
- How to Employ Legal Temporary Agricultural Labor – Arnulfo Hinojosa FEWA
- Laws & Regulations, Pesticide Safety – Dr. Don Renchie, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Program Leader and Coordinator
- Vineyard to Winery Panel Discussion: Best Day to Harvest – Every Year a Mystery
- 10 Year Rootstock & Variety Trial – Dr. Doug Rowlett, Paradox House Vineyard
After a long day of sessions, the day ends with a Networking Social.
Registration at the door is $40 for GCWA members and $50 for non-members. Lunch and the Networking Social are included. Pre-registration is not required.
For further information contact: