The License to Chill Bar & Café located inside the tower lobby at Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston, will have a new reason to celebrate on Fridays during December with a special culinary escape in partnership with Bernhardt Winery. Guests will enjoy Margaritaville-inspired dishes paired with wines from Bernhardt’s Antiquity Wine Collection.
Bernhardt Winery in Plantersville is a scenic Tuscan-style boutique winery that produces 100% Texas wines, classic American varietals unique blends, as well as the newly released ancient Antiquity Wine Curation series. Margaritaville Lake Resort is located just miles away. The Bernhardt wines are sourced from Thrace’s geographical and historical region in southeastern Europe, now split between Bulgaria, Greece, and Turkey.
“We enjoy our collaboration with Bernhardt Winery and are proud to be partnering with them on this unique dining experience,” said Amit Sen, Director of Food and Beverage at Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston. “We hope our resort guests and the general public take advantage of this distinctive dining experience throughout the holiday season.”
The four-course pairing menu consists of:
- Appetizer: Nueske’s smoked bacon-wrapped shrimp, pan-seared, smoked gouda grits, Ali lime Amarillo aioli, and crispy leeks paired with Antiquity Chardonnay, Danube Plains, 2018.
- Salad: Fresh Caprese salad with creamy burrata, tondo balsamic, basil, and olive oil paired with Antiquity Rose’ Innana, Thracian Lowlands, 2018.
- Palette Cleanser: Guests will enjoy a serving of the Chef’s sorbet between the salad and entrée courses.
- Entrée: Guests may choose from a selection of three carefully crafted main courses including:
- Crab on encrusted grouper with roasted root vegetables, fingerling potatoes, and Provencal vinaigrette paired with the Antiquity Sauvignon Blanc, Thracian Lowlands, 2018.
- Texas prime petite filet served with Yukon Gold Gorgonzola mash and a balsamic Pinot Noir reduction paired with Antiquity Mavrud, Thracian Lowlands, 2017.
- Barbequed medallion jerk chicken served with sweet plantain hash, and locally roasted pumpkin paired with Antiquity Sangiovese, Thracian Lowlands, 2017.
“Our mission with the Bernhardt Antiquity wine series is to find indigenous varieties as close to the genetic original and grown in the same terroir as in ancient times,” said Jerry Bernhardt of Bernhardt Winery. “We are proud to have them served at Margaritaville Lake Resort, and in doing so, hope to recreate a shared communal experience of our ancestors such a love, passion, family, and celebration through the tasting of these age-old wines.”
The pairing dinners are available for Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe | Houston guests and the public on Friday evenings Nov. 27 through Dec. 18. The Dec. 11 wine pairing dinner is booked. Interested guests should call 936-448-3200 for more information about priority seating and reservations. To learn more, visit https://www.margaritavilleresorts.com/margaritaville-lake-resort-lake-conroe.