If you’re looking to get away and enjoy a peaceful and relaxing weekend in the country, visit West Sandy Creek Winery, nestled next to the picturesque Sam Houston National Park, just outside of Huntsville.
Situated on 360 acres, the winery announced that it will partner with a local food truck, Sweet Dough, to provide a variety of tasty dishes to go along with its collection of wines. The menu will feature casual fare including sandwiches, salads, pizza, and tacos.
“We look forward to welcoming guests to enjoy a glass of wine and a bite to eat off our new food menu,” said Sandy McGinley, West Sandy Creek Winery’s general manager. “Our team takes great pride in creating a peaceful and rejuvenating experience away from the hustle and bustle of city life.”
While onsite, guests can enjoy the company of animals who call the winery home, including horses, cows, goats, chickens, zebras, donkeys, and zebronkeys.
West Sandy Creek Winery is a short drive from Houston and the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. If you want to make a weekend out of it, you can rent one of their peaceful cabins with all the comforts of home including a full kitchen, fire pit, and more.
West Sandy Creek Winery has implemented the following practices to keep guests safe regardless if you spend an afternoon or a weekend:
- Tables are available by reservation only and food purchase is required. Customers who arrive without a reservation will be accommodated if possible. The gazebos are available for private rental. Call 936-436-9050 to reserve.
- Masks are required unless you are seated at your table.
- No rearranging tables or chairs from their location.
- All table reservations last a maximum of two hours. Time limits will be enforced to clean and disinfect for the next reservation.
- Wine will be served by the bottle with single-use plastic cups. West Sandy Creek Winery stemless wine glasses are sold, or you may bring your own glassware if you prefer.
- All food service items will be disposable.
- The rest rooms in the tasting room are available for guest use one at a time, or only with members of your own party.
- The established guidance for safety will be followed, but the situation is fluid and operations may be adjusted as required.
A family owned and operated business, West Sandy Creek was founded on a decades-long love of wine and winemaking. The winery grows three varieties of grapes and produces three distinctly different wines:
- Four Blanc (sweet, dry, oaked, and dessert)
- Three Lenoir (sweet/blush, dry, and port)
- Two Blends – Bounty Land Crossings (Tempranillo/Lenoir blend) and a rosé (Blanc du Bois/Lenoir blend)
Curbside pickup is available from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays; food service is available Saturdays and Sundays from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. and reservations are required. To make a reservation, call 936-436-9050. For more information about West Sandy Creek Winery, including information on cabin rentals, visit https://www.wscwinery.com.