The year has seemed to fly by since the last Iron Sommelier event, and it is now time for the 11th anniversary Iron Sommelier. The wine competition and wine tasting event will benefit the Periwinkle Foundation and is presented by AUTOSOL. This year’s event will again be held at the Houstonian Hotel, Club and Spa at 111 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, TX 77024, on November 8th at 6 p.m.
The event will showcase Houston’s finest sommeliers as they compete for the title of Iron Sommelier. Wine Chair Sean Beck and Sommelier Chair John Clutterbuck invite guests to enjoy the expertise of 14 sommeliers as the guests taste hand selected wines carefully prepared to themes crafted by each sommelier. Competitors will be rated on wine choice, presentation, creativity, and their knowledge of the wine selections.
The sommeliers who will be competing for Iron Sommelier this year are:
- Farrrah Cauley – Sonoma Wine Bar – Upper Kirby & The Heights
- Angie Chang – Backstreet Café
- Adele Corrigan – 13 Celsius Wine Bar
- Matt Crawford – State of Grace and La Lucha
- Julie Dalton – Mastro’s Steakhouse
- Marcus Gausepohl – Brennan’s of Houston
- Sam Governale – Emmaline
- Geoff Stephens – Dolce Vita
- Emily Tolbert – Del Frisco’s
- Evan Turner – Emmaline
- Justin Vann – Theodore Rex and Public Services Wine & Whisky Bar
- Christian Varas – River Oaks Country Club
- Chris Walter – Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
- Robert L. Waltrip, III – Yauatcha Houston
- Alicia Wolf – Georgia James and Underbelly Hospitality
Underwriters can experience private tasting presentations by each competing sommelier in the Underwriter Tasting Room, or get to know the Masters, as guests indulge in a four course tasting menu curated by James Beard Award winning chef Justin Yu paired with rare wines presented by four Master Sommeliers: Keith Goldston, David Keck, Jack Mason, and Guy Stout.
An Auction, Wine Pull, Iron Sommelier Wine Case, and Making A Mark Children’s Art Sale will round out the evening of wine, entertainment, and food.
All funds raised will benefit the Periwinkle Foundation and its mission to develop and provide programs that positively change the lives of children, young adults, and families who are challenged by cancer and other life threatening illnesses and are cared for at Texas Children’s Hospital.
Tickets are $200 for individual tickets purchased in advance and $225 for tickets purchased on the day of the event. For sponsorship and underwriting opportunities, including pricing on access to the Champions Tasting Room and Grand Tasting Room, contact Alice Rohrman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit www.ironsommelier.org or periwinklefoundation.org
Leave a Reply