Trilogy Cellars opened in 2016 by three vineyard families: Steve and Cindy Newsom, Chace and Elizabeth Hill, Rowdy and Tameisha Bolen. Earlier this year, it was announced that Steve and Cindy Newsom were partnering with the English family with CapRock Winery. Burklee Hill Vineyards was announced as a new winery opening later in the year owned by Chace and Elizabeth Hill. Now it has been announced that Chace and Elizabeth Hill have acquired all interest in Trilogy Cellars and the immediate association of Trilogy Cellars and Burklee Hill wineries.
Chace Hill said he is “looking forward to continuing the history of the building where the tasting room is located in downtown Levelland,” previously owned by Chace Hill’s grandparents, Eddie and Jo Beth Courtney.
Burklee Hill Vineyards, the Hills more recent endeavor, is named in honor of Chace’s grandfathers, Burk and Eddie “Lee.” The Hockley County land where the family vineyard, Krick Hill Vineyards, sits has been owned by Chace’s family for 100 years as of 2018. In addition, the Hills look forward to expanding the offerings that both locations will be able to serve, including an impressive, combined 23 wine selection.
“In addition to the tasting rooms, we plan to expand the food menu, host wine dinners, wine education classes and tastings, and other local events in both Levelland and Lubbock,” Elizabeth Hill stated. “The Texas High Plains is the best region in Texas to grow wine grapes and we believe it can be the next great wine destination.”
- The Levelland Trilogy Cellars tasting room will continue to stay open, including expanding the offerings
- The Burklee Hill Vineyards tasting room in Lubbock is still scheduled to open late 2018
- Both locations will offer wines from both Burklee Hill and Trilogy Cellars
- If you are a member of either the Trilogy Cellars or Burklee Hill wine clubs, you will now receive the same wine club benefits for both brands at either location, including discounts, special access to new releases, and more. You will also have the ability to select your wine club release order from either Trilogy or Burklee Hill. Pick up parties will be hosted at both Levelland and Lubbockl
- Wine tour and vineyard tours will still be offered at Trilogy Cellars
The Hills plan to have more events at their vineyards, including a 100-year Harvest Celebration this fall.