The 2018 Hill Country Wine Symposium will be held from January 11-12, 2018 at the Horseshoe Bay Resort. Last year’s event was another success and I am sure this year’s will be no different.
Different sessions for the two day event will be held with topics from the vineyard to the winery and everything in between. Some of the sessions already announced are:
- Maintaining Vineyard Health and productivity, Justin Scheiner, Texas A&M
- Unravelling Pierce’s Disease, Jim Kamas, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
- Achieving Wine Stability in Warm Climates, Luke Holcombe, Scott Labs
- Rosé production methods in-depth seminar, Enartis
- Rosé production challenges tasting, Libby Spencer, Enartis
- Wine Club Panel
- Winery/Distributor Relations
- Building the Bridge from Winery to Market
- The Consumer-centric Winery: YOU ARE NOT THE MARKET, Matt McGinnis, Penn & Tell Us
- Elevated Guest Experience Panel, VingDirect
- Thinking Outside The Tasting Room; Build your brand and generate sales all year long – Danielle Twilegar & Errica Williams, BriteIdea
- Label Design – Brock Estes & Julie Kuhlken
There will also be a winemaker panel tasting.
On the evening of the first night will be the ever popular Grape Exchange presented by the Texas Department of Agriculture/GO TEXAN. This unique tasting has growers presenting the wines direct from them, or a winery who used their grapes to make a fantastic Texas wine.
There are always a large number of informative exhibitors and these exhibitors are already scheduled to appear:
- Allied Ag
- Austin Label
- BE Implement
- Capital Farm Credit
- Dan Humphries & Co
- G3 Enterprises
- Ganau America
- Hoover Ferguson
- Johnson & Associates
- Scott Labs
- Sunridge Nurseries
- WinStar Insurance Group
Get your tickets today at the Texas Hill Country Wineries website page for the event along with information on discounted lodging.