It’s that time of year again for the Iron Sommelier wine competition and wine tasting event benefiting The Periwinkle Foundation. This year marks the 10th anniversary and the top Houston sommeliers will be put to the test for the title of Iron Sommelier.
The annual event has always provided the finest sommeliers presenting their choices of wines to have available for tasting. Wine Chair Sean Beck and Sommelier Chair John Clutterbuck invite guests to an evening showcasing the expertise of 14 sommeliers while the guests taste hand-selected wines showcasing carefully prepared themes by each sommelier. Competitors will be rated on wine choice, presentation, creativity, and knowledge of their wine selections.
This year’s event will be again held at the Houstonian Hotel, Club and Spa at 111 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, TX 77024, on November 9th at 6 p.m. This year’s event will be presented by AUTOSOL®.
The contestants who will be competing for Iron Sommelier this year are:
- Andres Blanco– Caracol Restaurant (TEXSOM 2017 Best Sommelier winner)
- Farrah Cauley – Sonoma Wine Bar – Upper Kirby
- Angie Chang – Yauatcha
- Adele Corrigan– 13 celsius Wine Bar
- Matt Crawford– State of Grace
- Jane-Paige B. D’Huyvetter– River Oaks Country Club
- Chris Fleischman – Hotel ZaZa – Memorial City
- Lindsay Huntsman – Emmaline
- Brandon Kerne– Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
- Thomas Moësse– Vinology Bottle Shop & Tasting Bar, divino Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Samantha Porter– Oporto Fooding House, Oporto Wine Cafe, Queen Vic Pub & Kitchen
- Matthew Pridgen– One Fifth, Underbelly
- Shepard Ross– MadCat Hospitality
- Evan Turner– Helen Greek Food and Wine, Helen in the Heights
Underwriters can experience private tasting presentations by each 2017 competing sommelier in the Grand Tasting Room or enjoy a four-course tasting menu by James Beard Award winning chefs paired with rare wines hand-selected by past Iron Sommelier winners in the Champions Tasting Room.
Tickets are $200 for individual tickets purchased in advance and $225 for tickets purchased on the day of the event. For sponsorship and underwriting opportunities, including pricing on access to the Champions Tasting Room and Grand Tasting Room, contact Alice Rohrman, email@example.com.