Wine Fusion Winery is located in Grapevine and is owned by Nicholas and Danielle Kaufman. The winery opened in October 16, 2015. We were at GrapeFest last year and walked by the winery, but it was not yet fully open. There are a lot of new wineries opening on Main Street in Grapevine now, and so far it has been a great thing. Now it was time to check out Wine Fusion Winery.
I visited on a Sunday afternoon and there was only one other couple in the winery. Tastings are poured while sitting at the tasting bar. There is a fee for tastings five wines and the wines are poured from the uncorked bottles using a measured pourer. Since it was close to dinner and I was hungry, I ordered food from their food menu called a Shareable and enjoyed a nice dinner while doing a tasting.
There is a large selection of wines offered on the tasting menu by the glass or bottle, and a number of wines that are available for tastings. These are some of the wines that were available for tasting while I was there:
- Life’s a Beach 2015 (semi-dry white Texas Muscat Canelli)
- Sweet Marie 2014 (sweet Lodi Symphony)
- Sip Happens 2014 (sweet white California Muscat Blanc)
- Life’s a Peach 2015 (sweet white Texas Muscat Canelli)
- Wine Train 2014 (sweet red Texas Merlot and Muscat)
- Pinot Gris 2013 (dry white Clarksburg)
- Chardonnay 2014 (unoaked Lodi)
- Merlot 2013 (dry red Lodi)
- Zinfandel 2013 (dry red Lodi)
- Arrogant Bliss 2013 (dry red Washington Syrah 100%)
Right now most of the Wine Fusion Winery wine is made in Brownfield, but the winery does hold wine blending classes to the public. Those signing up for the classes do a tasting and then choose their favorite as a base for their wine. They then make their own blend and bring home the finished wine complete with label. The number of times the classes are held depends on the number of students registered. People that teach the winemaking classes are: Marcin Mokry, Ashley Zeito, Andrew Sanderson, and co-owner Nicholas Kaufman.
The wine made at Wine Fusion are labeled with Wine Fusion Reserve. Some of those are:
- Red Blend (California)
- Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley)
- Sangiovese (Alexander Valley)
Beautiful art is displayed on the walls and is available for sale. A wine club is also available. Events held at the winery include parties, wedding showers, and meetings complete with audio/video needs.
Next time you are in Grapevine visiting the wineries, include the new Wine Fusion Winery on your list to visit.
nice place i definitely visit one day 🙂