It’s that time again when the growers, winery owners, and interested parties visit Cat Spring to attend the Gulf Coast Grape Grower Field Day. This year’s event takes place on Friday, February 5, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Like last year’s event, it will take place at Agricultural Society Hall located at 13035 Hall Road, Cat Spring.
The event is sponsored by the Austin County Grape Grower Committee and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension.
Here is the scheduled agenda:
- Vineyard Design: A Critical Step in Successful Production – Fritz Westover
- Developing a Productive Vineyard: Years 1 to 3 – Fran Pontasch
- Vineyard Nutrition & Rootstock Trial Update – Andrew Labay
- A Winemaker’s Perspective on Blanc du Bois Harvest – Marta Lastowska
- Real Texas Wine – Chris Brundrett
- An Update from Rio Farms – Andy Scott
- Texas Wine & Grape Growers Association Update – Jon Bowden
- 46 Years of Viticulture: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly – Dr. George Ray McEachern
- Vineyard Pest Management in the Gulf Coast – Jim Kamas
- Grapevine Trunk Diseases – Dr. David Appel and Albre Brown
- What we Learned from the 2015 Growing Season – Dr. Justin Scheiner
The $35 registration fee includes lunch and a wine social. Registration is at the door from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and cash, checks, and major credit cards are accepted. You can register at their registration page. For more information contact Dr. Justin Scheiner at [email protected] or (979) 845-1870.