(May 6, 2015): The Texas Viticulture Certificate Program, produced by Texas Tech University, is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the sixth cohort of students to begin the viticulture program this September. Many of our graduates have gone on to start their own vineyards and wineries, or have secured employment in the Texas wine industry.
A few examples of what our graduates are doing today:
- Don Strickler, Owner: Round Mountain Vineyard, Round Mountain, TX
- Todd Webster, Winemaker: Brennan Vineyards, Comanche, TX
- Chris Lloyd, Owner: True Vine Vineyard and Farm, Tyler, TX
- Galin Morgan, Owner: Saddlehorn Winery, Burton, TX
- Susan Ramp, Owner: Eperon Vineyard, Canadian, TX
- John Rivenburg, Owner: Bending Branch Winery, Comfort, TX
- Mike Batek, Owner: Hye Meadow Winery, Hye, TX
- Patrick Gibson, Owner: Grohmann Farms Vineyard, Weimar, TX
- Sheryl Montgomery, Vineyard Consultant and Manager, East TX
- Bill Day, Owner: Buena Suerte Vineyard, Meadow, TX
- Paul Fovel, Owner: Fovel Family Vineyard, Fredericksburg, TX
- Joshua Fritsche, Cellarmaster: William Chris Vineyards, Hye, TX
- Diane Maycotte, Winemaker: Dos Buhos Winery/Rancho Santa Gloria, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Bruce Brundrett, Owner: Brundrett Estate Vineyard, San Angelo, TX
- Lynne Majek, Owner: Majek Vineyard and Winery, Moravia, TX
See the program webpage link below for complete details about the Viticulture Certificate Program. The application form can be downloaded from the webpage.
Texas Viticulture Certificate Program
Consider enrolling in this highly successful educational program or pass along the information to your employees or others you think might be interested in this opportunity.
The Viticulture Certificate Program is designed for wine industry entrepreneurs and prospective vineyard managers seeking comprehensive knowledge of viticultural principles and commercial grape production practices. The program is headquartered at the Hill Country University Center in Fredericksburg, Texas. It is conveniently delivered through a combination of online courses and hands-on training in our own teaching vineyard.