Wine enthusiasts can taste wines from four award-winning Texas wineries at the first-ever Texas Fine Wine pairing dinner on Saturday, May 31 at REEF in Houston. Hosted by the Greater Houston Chapter of the Wine Society of Texas, the dinner features new vintages from the four Texas Fine Wine wineries: Bending Branch Winery, Brennan Vineyards, Duchman Family Winery, and Pedernales Cellars.
Texas Fine Wine was founded in early 2014 to promote this distinctive group of highly respected wineries dedicated to producing quality wines sourced from Texas appellation vineyards.
“We appreciate the enthusiasm of the Houston Wine Society and REEF to feature wines from Texas Fine Wine for this May dinner,” says Dr. Stan Duchman, Houston-based owner of Duchman Family Winery in Driftwood. “This is a terrific opportunity to taste four wine varieties that show great promise in Texas.”
Wine enthusiasts are invited to attend the five-course dinner paired with these Texas wines:
- Pickled shrimp, smoky remoulade with Duchman Vermentino
- Roasted beet, goat cheese, country ham, arugula salad with Brennan Viognier
- Grilled cobia, bulgogi potato, snow peas, Asian pear salad with Pedernales Tempranillo
- Roasted pork loin, cherry mustard with Bending Branch Tannat
- Dark chocolate terrine, balsamic strawberries
Winery representatives will attend and speak at the dinner, which starts at 7 p.m. at REEF, 2600 Travis (at McGowen). The cost is $75 per person, all inclusive. Reservations can be made by calling (713) 526-8282.