How can you top that? Well, Wine Enthusiast has done it again by providing a contest to win a trip to the Texas Hill Country!
The winner will receive:
- Round-trip flights and transportation for two to Texas
- Up to 8-night accommodations at local B&Bs and winery accommodations in the Texas Hill Country
- Guaranteed visits at up to 12 wineries
- Select exquisite multi-course wine-and-food dinners
Look at the winning itinerary!
- A night at Flat Creek Estate, plus a tour of the property, a wine-tasting experience, and brunch at Bistro Restaurant.
- One night’s stay at Bending Branch Winery, including a tour hosted by the winemaker and an intimate lunch.
- Two night’s stay at Becker Vineyards‘s Lavender Haus – an 1,800-square-foot private property, complete with a patio and fireplace.
- Four nights at Cotton Gin, featuring a dinner for two at Cabernet Grill, where Executive Chef Ross Burtwell specializes in fresh seafood dishes, wild game and ranch fare.
- A multi-course wine pairing dinner for two at The Bistro at Flat Creek Estate prepared by top-notch Executive Chef Sean Fulford.
- Go Texan Wine & Food
- Dinner at Otto’s German Bistro – an upscale eatery serving Germanic cuisine, classic cocktails, craft beers and New World and Old World wines.
- An afternoon with the winemaker at Lewis Wines
- Lunch and cellar tour with the vintner at Pedernales Cellars
- Tour of and tasting at Perissos Vineyard and Winery led by the owner/winemaker
- Cellar tour with a barrel tasting at Grape Creek Vineyards
- A tour through three Texas Hill Country wineries hosted by Hill Country Bike & Wine.
- Gift Baskets packed with a variety of Go Texan products to take home, concierge service and car rental service.
- Car service will be provided for one day and a rental will be provided for the remainder of the trip. A driver can also be requested for the duration of the trip. The Texas Hill Country strongly advises against drinking and driving. Drink responsibly.
Be sure to enter the contest here and good luck! http://buyingguide.winemag.com/features/destinations/2014/texas/contest
Wine Enthusiast Magazine also reviews Texas wines.