After having searched often for Texas wines to participate in TXWine Twitter Tuesday or other mentions of Texas wine I wanted to try, I thought I would find out where do you buy your Texas wine?
Obviously if you live near or are visiting a Texas winery that is the best place to get Texas wine. The wineries should have all their wines available and you will not have to search for it. For the rest of us, we need to go to a retail store to buy Texas wines.
- Grocery stores like Kroger, HEB, Randall’s, Fiesta, Whole Foods Market, and Central Market
- Liquor stores with the biggest one being Spec’s. Other good stores I have seen are Wine Styles, Top Shelf Wine and Spirits in Sugarland, and Value Discount Liquor selling the hard to find Chisholm Trail wines. Most liquor stores carry a small selection of Texas wines. A nearby store has bottles from Messina Hof with labels which are extremely old so I’m not sure how well the wine has aged.
- A little further from Houston in Montgomery is Rancher’s Daughter which carries just Texas wines with a very large selection
- KE Cellars in Tyler has a large selection of just Texas wines. There are more than one KE Cellars location in addition to KE Cellars Winery in Rockwall.
- Lone Star Wine Cellars in McKinney sells many other local Texas wines in addition to their own
- Handy Farms in Scroggins has a decent selection of just Texas wines and they’ll let you taste any of them before buying
- Cripple Creek & Company in Bastrop only sells Texas wines
- Wines Across Texas in Marble Falls has a big selection of Texas wines
- The Grapevine in Gruene has tastings and a large selection of Texas wines
That is what we know of. To help others, where do you buy Texas wine?